Pages

Tuesday 31 July 2012

Germany Bag Team Eventing gold


Great Britain won the silver medal and New Zealand clinched bronze.
The British medal is their 18th Olympic post-war Eventing medal and was secured by Tina Cook's Jumping round in which she had just one time fault.

The Germans were led by world champion Michael Jung,  who admitted: 'I was quite nervous. It is a long way from the warm-up area to the ring, and the nearer you get to the ring the more nervous you become. But once I am in there, I am focused.'

Team-mate Ingrid Klimke added: 'I am so proud, but most of all I am proud of my horse (Butts Abraxas).
'He showed all his qualities here in London and to have just two fences down was not too bad.
'Jumping is not his strongest phase and it wasn't a catastrophe.'
via London2012 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, Please drop a comment